Monday, December 22, 2008

My Other Sketchbook


Introducing: my mini sketchbook! The one I am used to bring along in my bag. The "big" sketchbook's purpose is for serious sketching, i.e. when I sketch for works to be or when I need to scan my sketches. This mini one is more for a field trip. Well, not that I go to some forest and sketch some trees or leaves in it, I live in a city, anyway. The mini sketchbook accompany me when I wait for someone in public spaces. I hate looking unoccupied, alone, in a coffee shop, even in a dentist's waiting room. That's when this book come in handy. I doodle and sketch whatever comes in my mind.

I have longed for a moleskine for a mini skecth book. But this one, purchased in Italy (in a tourist's street stall) is good enough for me. It has thick off-white papers inside, about 80-100 gsm, maybe, thread binding, and...wait....I am a freak when it comes to stationary, I could go on an on talking about a notebook. ( I even like to talk about the smell of papers!) I guess I should stop now.

Blog Archive